Lady Gaga Embraces Raw Performance as Harley Quinn in Joker: Folie À Deux

Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn in Joker: Folie À Deux, embracing a raw performance.

Hey, Little Monsters! 🐾

Guess what? Our very own Lady Gaga is taking a bold leap into uncharted territory, and we are here for it! 🌟 In the upcoming film Joker: Folie À Deux, Gaga is trading her iconic, polished singing for a raw, unfiltered performance as Harley Quinn. And let me tell you, this is going to be something we've never seen before!

“I've never done anything like this in a movie before,” Gaga said, and you can just feel the excitement, can't you? 🎤✨

A Whole New Gaga

In a recent interview with Empire, Gaga (or Stefani Germanotta, as her close friends call her) opened up about how she’s transforming for this role. "People know me by my stage name, Lady Gaga, right? That’s me as that performer, but that is not what this movie is,” she shared. Harley Quinn, also known as Lee in the film, is a whole new character, and Gaga is diving in headfirst. 🎭💥

Stripping Down to the Basics

Directed by Todd Phillips and set to release on October 4, this film stars Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker. Gaga described this role as a huge departure from her usual performances. “I’m playing a character,” she explained. “So I worked a lot on the way that I sang to come from Lee, and to not come from me as a performer.” 🎬🃏

Unlearning Her Craft

Can you imagine Lady Gaga, the powerhouse singer, unlearning her finely-tuned vocal techniques? Well, that’s exactly what she did! “Even my breathing was different when I sang as Lee,” she said. Gaga focused on stripping away the technical aspects of her singing to embody Harley Quinn’s raw, unpolished persona. “It’s like removing the technicality of the whole thing, removing my perceived art-form from it all and completely being inside of who she is,” she added. Talk about dedication! 👏🔥

Mark Your Calendars

Joker: Folie À Deux is a sequel to the critically acclaimed Joker, which earned Phoenix an Academy Award for Best Actor. And with the latest trailer released on July 23, the excitement is reaching fever pitch! 🏆🚀

In a May interview with Access Hollywood, Gaga couldn't contain her excitement. “I loved working with Joaquin, I loved working with Todd. I've never done anything like I've done in this movie before, so it's all going to be completely brand new and really fun,” she gushed. 🎥❤️

So, who’s ready to see Lady Gaga like never before? 🙋‍♂️🙋‍♀️🙋 Let’s count down the days until October 4 and prepare to be blown away by Gaga’s incredible transformation into Harley Quinn. Drop a comment below and tell us what you're most excited about! 👇💬

Stay fabulous, Little Monsters! 🌈💖

Read More:

Lady Gaga Shines as Harley Quinn in 'Joker: Folie à Deux' Trailer with Joaquin Phoenix

Post a Comment

0 Comments